According to a recent article on the Better Health Channel, there are several different things that can be done to make your life so much easier while you are traveling with your children. Hopefully the below tips with help in your preparations prior to taking your trip.
- Try to book accommodations with at least 2 bedrooms so that your kids can sleep separately from you. Try renting a home used as a vacation rental that allow for shorter term stays or a fully furnished rental in your destination city.
- If traveling with a baby or toddler, you should think about renting all of your necessary furniture items such as a crib when you get there so you won’t have to lug these items with you. Also, rental car companies offer car seats for an additional fee. Be sure to bring along plenty of diapers and wipes with you as well.
- If you are traveling with older kids, make the trip the most fun for them by including them in the travel planning prior to your vacations and also try to balance out your daily activities with adult and kid friendly activities.
- A travel journal or notebook for each kid will be a great way to have them document their vacation experience and will allow them to look back at these fond memories at a later date. This is especially useful when traveling abroad.
- Be sure to bring along plenty of toys for each child and plan fun games that can be done while traveling to keep your little ones happy and entertained.
- Bring plenty of drinks and snacks along to your destinations because a hungry child is a fussy child.
- Bring a travel first aid kit with you as well as any medications that might be needed such as Tylenol.
- If traveling abroad, be sure that your kids get all of the appropriate vaccinations in advance and also be sure each child has a valid, up to date passport. Do both of these things at least 6 months prior to travel as passports can take a while to arrive and multiple doses of certain vaccines are required.
We hope that all of your travels this summer are fun for the whole family and will be remembered for years to come. 🙂