There are lots of exciting things going on this Labor Day weekend in the Atlanta metropolitan area for all ages and interests:
- The 2nd Annual Pure Heat Community Festival: Sunday, August 31st at Piedmont Park – come by for a live performance by Faith Evans, a market, food vendors, educational forums, prizes and giveaways.
- Atlanta Pride Weekend is going on 08/27-09/01 and the Pure Heat Community Festival is just one day of fun within the Pride filled weekend.
- Dragon Con annual Sci-fi, fantasy and comic fan August 29-September 1. The parade is on Saturday morning at 10am and you don’t want to miss it!
You sure don’t want to miss the Dragon Con Parade on Saturday, August 30th at 10am – fun for the whole family!
- Seafood and Music Festival fun for the whole family! Saturday, August 30th at the Riverdale Town Center. There will be live music, seafood, and fun activities for kids of all ages.
- Labor Day Paddle Monday, Sept 1 from 9:00a to 1:00p at the Chattahoochee Nature Center in Roswell, GA. Ages 18+; tickets are $30 General Public/$25 CNC Members; Registration Required by August 27th.
- Fireworks at Stone Mountain Park all three nights Friday-Sunday!
There are too many fun activites going on to list all of them here but you can refer to this article for some other fun activities.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend! 🙂
It’s important to stay healthy and active even when we are away on a vacation or while traveling for business. An article published by the Huffington Post shares some insights and tips on how this can be done.
This awesome app, MapMyRun, allows you to plan your running route based on sites you wish to see in your new city. It will also keep track of the miles you have run, the calories you have burned, and the attractions you have seen! Another running app, WalkJogRun, is based on GPS data and also allows you to log all of your training data which can be shared with others.
If you want to watch what you eat while you are on your vacation or business trip, two great apps, MyFitnessPal and LoseIt, will help you keep track of your calorie intake and calories burned.
Three apps that will help you get motivated when there is no exercise equipment at your disposal are: Body Weight Workout, Fitness Trainer HD, and Plank Exercise Workout.
Not a big fan of running? Many cities have bikes for rent and Spinlister is a site designed to help you find a bike near you.
You can purchase a FitBit device before your trip which will help you “track your fitness day and night” and will help you maintain a healthier lifestyle.
There are many ways to stay active even while on vacation or traveling for business. We hope that these apps will help you find your fitness motivation while you are away, but if not, that’s okay too. After all, aren’t vacations meant for relaxation? 🙂
For those traveling “to” or “through” Atlanta, the DeKalb Farmers Market is one place you must experience at least once. Starting from humble beginnings, this market is now 140,000 square feet of all kinds of world class food and drinks!
A great place to browse international produce, meats, and spices, either for a dish of your own or to experiment. If you are not as adventurous as to make or create a unique dish, then stop at their onsite café to eat lunch or dinner and experience something different. Their mission is one that can be learned and embraced by everyone…
“No matter how technologically advanced we become, we cannot escape our fundamental relationships with food and each other. The possibility of these relationships is the world market. In this context, the world works for everyone free of scarcity and suffering.”
Come check out this market over the weekend if you are visiting Atlanta or if you live in Atlanta as it is a great place to meet and eat! 🙂
If you are in need of fully furnished housing while you are staying in Atlanta, we are the local provider and can help you find the perfect home away from home. 🙂